We are looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test, with a breadth of experience to focus on all aspects of Quality Engineering. You will deep dive into diverse projects, applying your many years of experience towards architecting and implementing test automation systems. Your work will directly impact the solutions we develop and the teams building them: you will be the day-to-day technical pillar for a maturing Quality Engineering team, tackling challenging problems, and leading as a hands-on manager.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Technical leadership of a quality team to design, build, deploy and maintain easy to use, high-quality testing apparatus, including both unit and automated integration tests, all powered by a CI/CD system, to enable the rapid development of high-quality applications.
- Execute improvements to the team’s development environment, workflow, pipelines, and overall quality culture. Break down problems using deliberate planning, task estimation, and effective time management, reviewing the plans, estimates, and code of other developers.
- Work closely with quality developers, quality analysts, and DevOps to analyze code and bugs to determine their source and create improvements and tests to ensure the bug does not reoccur.
- Build automation frameworks to drive the validation of Unity-based applications, across desktop, mobile and web, and Cloud-based services. Research and use existing quality tooling provided through Unity frameworks, extending with custom solutions where needed to meet project-specific testing requirements.
- People manager responsibilities - pulling together a diverse team. Responsible for team health, stress awareness, and managing employee well-being. Provide guidance, mentoring, coaching, and long-term career growth assistance to team members.
What We’re Looking For
Professional experience building automated or unit tests including knowledge of one or more automated testing systems, off-the-shelf or custom.
- Comfortable building tools using a variety of programming languages, passion for driving quality via both deliverable solutions, as well as fostering of high standards in code design and implementation.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews, readable code, and reusable code.
- Experienced in Unity-based applications and web-based technologies such as React and RESTful APIs.
- Strong communication skills, both in-person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment, guiding and mentoring a team of quality developers
You might also have
- Experience working with or developing testing or CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Development experience with C# or Unity, and experience in developing automated testing using a device farm or device cloud.
- Experience in a senior quality engineering, or quality management role
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.