UpCloud is looking for a Solution Architect to join our sales team to help our customers with their most pressing technical challenges. You will join a friendly and supportive team, working together with our sellers, product and development teams to bring the world’s fastest cloud solution to our customers.
As an UpCloud Solution Architect, you will;
- Play a key role in the customer solution architecting process, providing pre-sales cloud expertise by using your creativity and solid cloud knowledge.
- You will help customers on best-practice architectures, performance, cost and reliability - or in general, how to best benefit from UpCloud’s solutions.
- Internally, you will work directly with our sellers and with our Product Owners, to drive continuous improvement to UpCloud’s offering based on customer feedback.
- As our Solution Architect, we also look to you to shape how we should engage with our customers and internally. Don’t worry - we have plenty of help and ideas on this front as well
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in a Consulting Presales role or experience in working as Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps.
- Strong knowledge of IaaS as Linux/Windows based servers environments
- Good understanding of where to use Kubernetes, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Knowledgeable in Open source technologies
- Ability to work directly with customers, be able to understand customer needs and solve customer problems through technology solutions
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud.
- Track record of success in Cloud Technology related sales.
- Strong presentation skills with large audiences (Ideally at events / conferences)
- Any one of Local South Asian language
- Cloud certifications are seen as an asset (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) or other industry certification
- Devices of your choice
- Yearly equipment and training budget
- Flexible, remote-friendly working hours
- Offices in the heart of Helsinki and Singapore
- Team lunches and company parties
- Yearly company retreat
- UpCloud swag
- Referral bonus
- Lunch card and snacks*
*available in certain locations only