We're going through a period of massive growth, and we're not slowing down. We're looking for Senior AWS DevOps Engineers to join our ranks. We have fantastic career opportunities. You will be helping to shape the future of Versent in Singapore and joining at a very exciting time in our growth.
You will be working on enterprise size projects with well known companies. You will be put with an experienced team made of engineers, developers and a Principal Consultant. You will have the opportunity to learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry!
A pure hands-on role working with both the internal and customers team of engineers, to contribute on detailed design work and produce engineering artefacts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Positively and respectfully contribute thoughts into design discussions within the team, then accept consensus outcome and commit to completing works with grace. Feedback from team and Principal and Lead Engineers.
- Act an engineer to solve problems using domain knowledge and contribute to engineering outputs to a production level quality, through the production of code artefacts. Provide technical guidance to other Engineers through code reviews, technical guidance, training and provision of advice around best practices. Assist new Versent employees to develop their understanding of Versent engineering practices and approaches.
- Work within an Agile scrum, actively contributing to agile ceremonies and leading when required. Accept story allocated and take full ownership from genesis to completion, providing concise and accurate updates to Principal Consultant, completing story within timeframe to agreed specifications. Feedback from Principal Consultant, Lead Engineer.
- Produce engineering outcomes that meet the teams Ways of Working including all documentation, unit testing coverage, code within quality scores, completing acceptance target. Alignment to technology frameworks and processes agreed by the team that are used within the engagement. Refactoring code and paying down tech-debt only within the delivery budget. Feedback from Principal Consultant and Lead Engineer.
- Actively contribute to a positive, goal-orientated team culture (both Versent and with customers), engaging effectively with all team members in line with Versent Values to contribute to a successful and supported team environment. Team feedback.
- Infra Automation: Ansible
- AWS Stack Design, Deployment and Support
- Design automation following the CI/CD methodology
- Provision and configure AWS cloud based resources to manage complex application environments
- Implement and manage orchestration tools and work on automating entire technical stack (full stack)
- Customer / client facing, so prior consultancy experience is always good. Must be able to hold own if that project requires that etc.
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins or similar tools
- Agile/SCRUM experience
- Scripting skills in Python, JSON, Ruby or Shell
- There is always a long list of tools, we look for those that know their stuff and can share that knowledge with there team while continuing to learn.
No cool cliques, just hard-working humans generating ideas and devising solutions in a creative, collaborative work space. We value our people more than commercials and put culture at the centre of everything. Some of the things we do to bring the team together are end of month social and drinks, both family and Versent Christmas parties and weekly knowledge sharing sessions.
We're building a team of like-minded, hardworking humans who can think outside the square, and deliver what others might consider impossible.
We embrace the notion of Family at Versent, working together to achieve outstanding success.
VERSENT VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
People: We believe in a positive team with family spirit, because life is too short for anything else.
Customer: We create remarkable experiences for customers and treat them as we wish to be treated.
Quality: Be Artisans who care for their craft and lead change through continuous improvement.
Reliability: Do what we say we will do when we say we will do it, every time.
Transparency: Full disclosure, integrity and honesty in all things.
Reciprocate: Give back and assist as much as possible, whenever possible.