- Monitor Information Security alerts using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to triage, mitigate, and escalate issues as needed while capturing essential details and artifacts.
- Utilize sensor data and correlated logs containing AV, IDS, Windows events, Web Proxy, and similar data to establish context and rule out false positives.
- Mitigate and contain identified threats using approved incident response methodologies. Initiate escalation procedures and incident response processes as defined in operational plan.
- Perform analysis of security alerts to evaluate risk, determine containment action and identify required preventative measures.
- Ensure proper documentation of security incidents including attack details.
- Interact and aid other investigative teams within Visa on time sensitive, critical investigations.
- Provide feedback to peer teams to enhance security sensor and improve detection capability.
- Collaborate with operational support teams to ensure they are actively engaged in addressing potential security threats that can impact business.
- Contribute to projects that enhance the security posture of the enterprise.
- Operationalize actionable Threat Intelligence reports from internal and external sources.
- Identify trends, potential new technologies, and emerging threats which may impact the business.
- Respond to incoming reports of security incidents from the organization via calls and emails.
- This position is staffed in shifts supporting a 24x7x365 global security operations center. Analysts work a series of 12-hour shifts (followed by days off). Staff assigned to the operations center are considered critical and may need to cover holidays and weekends, if scheduled.
- 3+ years of Security Operations Center (SOC) work experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- 3 – 5+ years of related experience in Cybersecurity or computer network defense role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related technical discipline or equivalent professional experience related to Cybersecurity, Incident Response or information security.
- Relevant security-related certifications a plus : CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, GCED, GCFA, CySA+.
- Proven subject matter ability in relevant areas, such as incident response, intrusion analysis, malware analysis, web application security or security engineering.
- Strong knowledge of malware families and network attack vectors.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and internetworking technology including packet analysis, routing and network security defenses.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems (Windows & Linux), network services and applications.
- Demonstrated experience in an enterprise-level incident response team or security operations center. Direct experience in handling cyber security incidents and associated incident response tools.
- Experience in operating and utilizing Security Information and Event Management tool.
- Strong working knowledge of common security tools such as SIEM, AV, WAF, IDS, Netflow, Packet Analyzer and Endpoint Detection & Response tools.
- Knowledge of web applications security vulnerabilities including cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, SQL injection, DoS attacks and API attacks.
- Good understanding of Web Application Security risks.
- Excellent understanding of DDoS techniques and mitigation mechanisms.
- Display great problem solving skills, with tenacity and resilience to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with proven skill in presenting analytical data effectively to varied audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a peer.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and related security best practices.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF004981W