Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Loyalty & Marketing platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As a Data Engineering Director, you will build and mentor a world-class team of Development and Test Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will lead a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers and SMEs across the company on high impact marketing technology initiatives.
- Develop and nurture team of developers by motivating and mentoring and assist in hiring critical talent.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex products with significant bottom line impact
- Work with product managers in developing strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with architects and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management: prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Mentor junior team members develop departmental procedures and best practices standards.
- Hire and retain world class talents to deliver data platform projects.
- Be responsible for and the custodian of the long-term technical strategy for Marketing Key Product Portfolio
- Strong Negotiation Skills: You will be a distinguished ambassador for product development; collaborating, negotiating, managing tradeoffs and evaluating opportunistic new ideas with business partners
Most Important Qualities For The Candidate Are
- Academics : Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Leadership : Leading solutions and working with teams to achieve it.
- Curiosity : A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
- Creativity : The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
- Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
- Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
- Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Requires 12+ years of experience, at least 4 years of which were in leading engineering teams
- Extensive technical experience with developing application using Big Data Technologies. Experience building applications using Spark with Java or Scala is a must.
- Strong application development experience in Java/J2EE, Microservices, big data Hadoop ecosystems, open systems.
- Experience with messaging systems including Kafka or Active MQ will be a plus.
- Full Stack Development experience is a big plus.
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a plus
- Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software.
- Dynamic leader who has directly managed team of highly competent developers in fast paced work environment
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of end-to-end software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF002031W