The Infrastructure operability tool team prides itself in keeping Visa systems up and secure, catering to the 24*7 needs of the business. The Senior Software Engineer, a highly motivated senior individual contributor based in Singapore, you will be responsible for developing and supporting critical system solutions to ensure the security of the applications and data by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, root cause analysis, and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, remediation packaging, and package deployment and reporting. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to remediate vulnerabilities during pre and postproduction implementations, and working with application teams to perform post-remediation validation
- Have the passion in developing and supporting the growth of the next generation software architectures and inspire innovation within the team
- Develop scalable real-time low-latency processing solutions in an agile delivery method
- Lead and guide the team in design, code and implement new algorithms to solve complex problem
- Design, develop, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA. Coordinate the team's design, development and testing activities, including conducting peer code reviews in addition to contributing to core product.
- Support security deployments
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to best practices, standards, and processes
- Bachelor of science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology or related technical field with 4+ years of technical experience with strong fundamentals in windows/Unix server technologies
- At least 3 to 7 years of working experience in the IT industry, preferably with SCCM, Ansible, strong application support, security patch management for windows server
- 3-7 years' experience in Scripting to include Windows batch file, WMI, VBScript, python and PowerShell
- Server patch deployment, Scripting and development patching tools using PowerShell, C#.NET
- Strong experience with Microsoft SCCM 2012 and Ansible working in a 24*7 environment
- Application Management: Package and Task Sequences (Packages - Script based, Application based) Creation and deployment
- Software Updates: Patch Management experience (WSUS, downloading patches, Approving and Deploying), (Software Update Groups, Deployment Packages)
- Windows Operating System Patch Management experience
- Package solutions using Windows Installer (MSI)
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity
- Security tool and problem analysis documentation; must be able to write and proof documents intended for technical and executive audiences.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment; must be detail oriented and able to multitask to meet deadlines and company objectives
- Familiarity and/or experience in implementing ITIL concepts in addition to technical aptitude are highly valued
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF002005W