Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Loyalty and Marketing development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise with UI development, Java/J2EE and Web Services technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation.
- Work on enhancements and development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 3 or more years of experience in developing large scale applications using open source technologies.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems.
- Strong hands on experience in Core Java/J2EE technologies Web Services technologies like Spring MVC, Hibernate, SOAP and REST APIs.
- Strong understanding of web concepts like JSP, Servlets, HTTP Request/Response, HTTP Session and securing web applications/web services.
- Experience using SCM tools like TFS/Git, MS Build, Jira etc.
- Expertise with Continuous Integration, Build and Test Automation and Test Driven Development.
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems working with one or more of the following database technologies: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server and NoSQL data warehouses such as Hbase, MongoDB.
- Experience in Agile development using any of the methodologies like SCRUM is a big plus.
- Product development experience is also a big plus.
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF002197W