The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of the platform for consumer facing mobile and digital products. Must be able to coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale technology initiatives. The role is a self-organized Senior Software Engineer with solid Java and web service development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code in three to five week sprints. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything. This position is based in Singapore and will report to the Director of Software Engineering
- 2 or more years of work experience in Java and web service development with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields.
- 3 or more years of work experience in Java and web service development with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields.
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY)
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform
- Experience programming in Java, J2EE
- Solid understanding of database technologies and SQL and JPA.
- Preferred Experience in payments integration and / or online ecommerce shopping and / or Payment gateways.
- Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
- Strong dedication to test automation and Test Driven Development
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives. • Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This role will require the incumbent to work during core business hours
This role will require the incumbent to travel <5% of the time
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local laws.