You will be part of Visa's large Digital Development Platform (DDP) global team which focuses on building and supporting end to end solution for digitization and mobilization of commerce for global market. We are looking for a technically talented Senior Software Engineer based out of our Singapore office to assure client success in using our products such as Visa Token Service, Visa Direct, Visa Click to Pay, and Visa Development Platform and more
This role requires quick troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to help clients complete their integration journeys with VISA.
In addition to solving client issues, this role needs coding skills to be able to create sample code and reference applications for clients. You may also be needed to work on developing internal tools for improving efficiency and expedite troubleshooting of issues
The Senior Software Engineer is a senior level technical role, and therefore the successful candidate will be able to work independently, working closely with the engineering leads, product manager, operations and other teams.
In addition to the technical skill set and passion for learning new technology, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, out of the box thinker and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with external teams & stakeholders.
We have a vibrant and open team culture with good work life balance. Team members collaborate, innovate and contribute to decision making. Manager talks 1-on-1 to team members every few weeks and provide feedback and guidance for individual growth.
QualificationsTechnical Qualifications (Basic)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in software industry
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis
- Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, mobile & web technologies, multi-tiered architecture, and hands on development experience in Java/ C#/ Python/ Angular/ React etc.
Technical Qualifications (Nice To Have)
- 5+ years in software industry
- Experience building & testing enterprise scale web APIs (REST/JSON)
- Experienced in use of Splunk or other enterprise log retrieval/analysis tool
- Knowledge of JIRA, ServiceNow
- Experience in banking and payments technologies
- Experience building native mobile apps in Android/ iOS
A go-getter who is not overwhelmed by new technology, tight timelines, or parallel projects
Thrives in a fast-paced environment and flexible to work with distributed global teams
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF003220W