We are seeking an experienced Sr Security Engineer and Server Security Management expert.
This role is within the Cybersecurity Engineering team, and is responsible for designing, deploying, and full life cycle support ofing server security solutions to monitor and protect Visa’s systems and data. You will be responsible for the identification, prioritization, and delivery of the solutions while ensuring all security requirements are fulfilled.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience implementing cross-organizational IT solutions, strong project management skills with good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills. You will anticipate bottlenecks, manage escalations, and build consensus by having a firm understanding of requirements and constraints.
This position is based in Singapore.
- Research, evaluate, and POC security technologies (both commercial and Open Source) such as file integrity monitoring, malware prevention and real time security metrics reporting
- Research, evaluate, and POC both commercial and Open Source security technologies that include but not limited to, file integrity monitoring, malware prevention and real time metrics reporting
- Acts as a security SME to support the engineering team, providing consultancy and advice on the delivery of server security technologies
- Act as a specialist champion to further the direction and strategy; to work closely with all security stakeholders to continuously improve the IT Security services provided
- Responsible for leading the implementation and continuous improvement of effective security controls effectiveness and continuous improvement of security controls
- Responsible for ensuring the correct and comprehensive functioning of server security technologies and the demonstrating the ROI to Visadelivery of quality output from these technologies
- Work with both vendors and peers to ensure the timely implementation of on providing product updates, bug fixes and managing relations
- Create clear and concise documentation to formalize work stream processes
- Ability to stay abreast of industry trends and recent security developments in related areas
- Build systems to automate Automate deployment, configuration, and reduce human error for repeatable and well understood tasksoperational tasks to increase efficiency
- Create product implementation roadmap and timelines
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- 7+ years experience in IT systems and/or infrastructure
- 5+ years experience in designing, deploying, and/or supporting enterprise-scale security solutions
- Experience working with or implementing Open Source security solutions in an enterprise setting
- Knowledge of Operating systems internals, hardening, and monitoring (Windows and UNIX)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Knowledge of PCI/DSS and its technical controls, or equivalent
- BA/BS degree is required, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Experience on leading complex projects cross-functionally and globally
- Relevant security certifications such as OSCP, ISC2 CISSP, SANS, CEH, etc. are a major plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Job Number: REF34056H