This role is part of Platform as a Service (PaaS) organization, where you will be focused on developing DB as a Service (DBaaS) offerings and database reliability enhancement solutions. In addition, you will have opportunity to manage the complete lifecycle of databases and gain deeper understanding of multiple database technologies.
This Includes, But Is Not Limited To Following
- Develop API’s for Database as a Service Offerings
- Develop Python/Perl/Shell scripts for DB automation.
- Develop solutions to enhance database reliability
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the best practices, architectural guidelines and policies.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements
- Work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 years of software development experience with programming languages like Java, C++, GO
- Strong Python/Perl scripting skill and experience in tools like Ansible
- Any experience developing Database-as-a-Service offerings will be a plus
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL & Oracle database fundamentals and Architecture and overall familiarity with SQL and NOSQL databases
- Any experience managing PostgreSQL & Oracle databases (including Oracle RAC) preferred
- Any experience with logical & physical replication for PostgreSQL and Oracle database will be plus
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and code versioning tools such as Git
- Any contribution to PostgreSQL community will be a plus
- Should have strong UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Job Number: REF34969Y