Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in IoT, Blockchain, Mobile, UX, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics. We are looking for hands-on expert level software engineers to help us build some innovative products.
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms is a must. In addition to the technical skill set, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Sr. Software Engineer is an individual contributor role, and this developer will work on development of several innovation projects. These projects will be instrumental in making an impact on Visa and the payments industry as a whole.
You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be take leadership roles working on multiple projects building full stack development of real-time REST services leveraging Visa's data platforms that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
- 2+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree in computer engineering, computer science or related discipline.
- 3+ years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Expert level skills in Java, C# or other object oriented languages
- In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
- Expert level skills in implementing design patterns (singleton, facade, factory, observer etc.)
- Strong computer science background and analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
- Experience with SQL and big data technologies (Hadoop, Python , Java, Spark, Hive etc.) tools for large scale data processing, data transformation and machine learning pipelines
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Microstrategy, or other programs highly desired
- Experience in ETL pipelines, utilizing big data engineering techniques that enable statistical solutions to solve business problems
- Experience building enterprise scale web services (RESTful), and their scalability, resiliency, and availability
- Java scripting experience is nice to have
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This role will require the incumbent to work during core business hours
This role will require the incumbent to travel <5% of the time
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local laws.
Job Number: REF34198G