At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise using modern software development tools. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including Proof-of-concepts, design, documentation, development, and testing in the typical software development lifecycle. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of software products/services under Developer Tools team.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs, ensuring work meets the technical requirements
- Design and develop front-end web application that provides data visualization capabilities
- Design and develop back-end systems that integrates with various Visa internal applications
- Deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, Enforcing coding convention and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Discover and capitalize on automation opportunities that provide business value and reduce administrate overhead. This involves hands-on creation of applications/tools using various programming languages, e.g. Python, golang, .NET.
- Pioneer new technologies in the software development, system configuration, or the devops world within Visa, e.g. Docker
- Understand and leverage the data that the team possesses, and to extract value out of these data with tools like ELK stack
- Interfacing with other teams to collaboratively implement and improve SCM solutions that adhere to Visa Key Control policies.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Ideal candidate should possess some software development experience, with hands-on knowledge with various tools used in the development cycle.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience building software or other relevant experience
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
- Strong programming language in C#, python or golang
- Good knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle best practices and procedures
- Expert level front-end web development, using Angular, React or other framework
- Experience with data visualization tools and libraries, e.g. d3.js, chartist.js
- Full Stack software development experience in building distributed, micro-services system
- Experience with CICD tools and processes
- Working knowledge with different database technologies, e.g. Postgres, mongoDB
- Experience on using open source technologies, e.g. Kafka, Nginx, Prometheus
- Experience with container technologies
- Familiar with Linux platform
- Practical knowledge of devops tools, e.g. Azure DevOps and GitHub, Artifactory
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.