Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
You will be at the forefront in building the next generation of systems that provide connectivity and access into Visa. The access systems are fundamental to the Visa Business and amongst only a handful of the most mission critical systems at Visa. You will deliver access solutions that fit into the wider efforts to re-engineer Visa’s core processing systems. You need to have an excellent background in software analysis, design and implementation. You will join an outstanding and expanding software engineering team. Nothing less than absolute success is required. The position is based in Singapore.
- Develop and document high level and detailed design specifications using Object Oriented methodologies
- Design and develop highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed components
- Code & unit test system components and applications in a range of programming languages
- Quickly gain domain expertise in critical application areas to SME level
- Champion software development best practices such as coding standards, code reviews, secure coding practices, integration and regression tests etc.
- Work independently with minimal guidance becoming a mentor and role model for other team members
- Proactively work to identify issues and provide solutions for the same
- Provide 24x7 production support to ensure smooth operations
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD in computer science or related field.
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 2 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in computer science or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in design and implementation using Java programming language
- Proficient in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD)
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS
- Experience in multi-threaded application development
- Experience with web services development using REST, JSON and XML
- Experience with build automation using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git, Artifactory and Docker
- Familiarity of database concepts with experience in MySQL
- UI development skills using frameworks such as Angular and Node JS is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills are a pre-requisite
Work Hours Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours, and is expected to provide operational support outside the agreed business hours depending on business needs.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF35809L