This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of Loyalty & Marketing Services team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3 or more years of software design, architecture and development experience.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with excellent competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong experience in building large scale applications using open source and J2EE/Big Data technologies.
- Strong in Core Java development concepts. Good design and coding skills in Java/J2ee, Web Services, Spring, Hibernate, Soap/Rest APIs, and Java Script Frameworks for modern web applications like AngularJS, Backbone etc.
- Experience with Big Data ecosystem like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, H-Base, MongoDB, Yarn, Kafka or equivalent is a preferable.
- Keen for writing quality and self-validating code using unit tests, or following TDD.
- Capable to leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Chef, Git and Docker.
- Good verbal, and written communication skills to effectively communicate for business needs and technical concepts to multiple organization levels.
- Experience in Agile development using any of the methodologies like SCRUM is a big plus.
- Product development experience is Must.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.