The Sr. Software Test Engineer will be part of Network Processing Platform & Reliability Test Engineering team will be based in Singapore. The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Gateway Services applications (Visa Message Gateway, Extended Access, Visa File Gateway), Vital Signs Monitoring Tool or Visa Test Portal which are critical applications that control, monitor and testing transaction flow between endpoints and VisaNet Integrated Payment (V.I.P.) system. You will work with the Development and other peer Test Engineering organizations to ensure high levels of software quality and seamless code releases.
- Work with the team in developing testing strategy for the project and determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests
- Create manual test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Develop and enhance automated test frameworks and test cases for the different types of tests employed
- Execute and report on the full testing suite of both manual and automated tests
- Work with Development and other relevant teams to analyze, debug and resolve design and software issues
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Hands-on testing on Linux and Windows platform
- Work effectively with test lead and test engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- 5 or more years of work experience in automation testing services with a Bachelor’s Degree or 3 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in computer science or related field.
- Excellent coding skills in Java
- Scripting experience on Linux (e.g. shell, python)
- Experience with software builds, testing and continuous integration tools preferably Jenkins
- Experience on using software tools such as Selenium, Junit. TestNG, Cucumber, Git, Jira and Maven
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, distributed systems, web technology (Jetty, Apache) and network protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP) desired
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF004229W