Visa Payment Digitization Platform (VPDP) comprising of Visa Token Services (VTS) and various flavors of Click To Pay (CTP) is part of the Visa Digital & Developer Platform (VDDP) group within the Visa Technology Organization.
Tokenization is a key pillar of Visa’s digital future, allowing innovators to develop new payment use cases where a traditional card simply is not viable (IoT, Contextual Commerce, etc,).
Click To Pay is also evolving to being our new standards-based solution for ecommerce. This platform is tightly integrated with Visa Token Services (VTS) to support provisioning of payment credentials for one-time, card-on-file and device-based payments.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Software Test Engineer to join our team in VPDP Singapore!
As a Sr. Software Test Engineer you will help lead, design, enhance, build and provide Quality Assurance for our solutions meant for customers in an agile, fast-paced environment. You will be working with colleagues across the company, who will help support and challenge you every day. Designing solutions, writing code, unit testing code, developing test cases, automating test cases and frequent check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. You will see your team’s code going to production in just a few weeks and used by strategic accounts worldwide. If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture, solutions and opportunities.
Note that this role will have a strong and primary emphasis on Quality Assurance for features developed and bugs fixed within the team. But since our team as well as our group works under the principles of a common engineering model with both development and testing expertise, you may also be expected to contribute towards certain development tasks from time to time.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects in existing software.
- Develop test strategy, test cases & functionally test features end-to-end, to ensure optimum quality of solutions.
- Automate testing using proprietary Visa frameworks as well as other open-source / commercial tools to achieve maximum test coverage.
- Work with a team of talented engineers for newly developed features & carry out testing efforts such as functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, bug tracking etc.
- Leverage newer technologies and develop solutions to build the next generation of payment solutions.
- Help our clients achieve their business goals by understanding their requirements and delivering the best solution.
- Lead efforts to architect, design and implement / test various aspects of secure payment solutions
- Periodically rotate into the role of Scrum Master to lead agile, scrum teams for a given sprint.
- Contribute towards meetings and discussions with product and architecture teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with a team player focus, with an ability to hone leadership skills over time and work as a mentor to junior team members.
- Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
- Become knowledgeable of Visa's core technology, infrastructure and standards.
- 3 or more years of work experience in a technology company on Java and related technologies with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science or other technology field
- 4 or more years of work experience in a technology company on Java and related technologies with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 3 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in Computer Science or other technology field
- Experience in delivering Quality Assurance for enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products is strongly preferred.
You Would Be Expected To Bring In Expertise That Include
We want our Sr. Software Test Engineer to do much more than just write code and perform manual and automated testing.
- Solid experience in technologies including JAVA, J2EE, REST, UI Frameworks, ORACLE, LINUX, KAFKA, HADOOP, etc.
- Expertise in various testing methodologies such as functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, penetration testing & performance testing is necessary.
- Have good understanding and experience of CI/CD pipeline and able to give guidance on how testing automation can benefit CI/CD process.
- Solid experience in tools like JMeter, SoapUI, Postman / Any REST Client is a must have.
- Exposure to Spring Framework and Hibernate is a must have. Understanding the workings of an MVC Framework like Spring MVC, Struts, etc. would also be good to have.
- Strong foundation in requirements scoping, data structures, algorithms, instrumenting and performance benchmarking, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience with n-tier web application development/testing is required. Experience in latest JDK and earlier releases is important. Must be able to articulate experience with many of the major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, JAX, etc.); Technical certification a Plus.
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY) is required.
- Exposure to test automation using frameworks such as Selenium, etc. is good to have.
- Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and Databases (At least Tomcat / JBOSS, Oracle or equivalent).
- Good understanding of multi-threaded concurrent programming is needed. Experience with non-blocking IO is an added Plus.
- Experience integrating with asynchronous messaging systems such as MQ Series and Apace Kafka is a Plus. Hadoop knowledge is also good to have.
- Familiarity with common application security vulnerabilities and how to overcome them (OWASP) is a Plus.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development is required.
- Knowledge in micro services and hands-on experience in Kubernetes, Docker and OpenShift would be a strong plus.
Our engineers do more than just write and test code:
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions.
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail.
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together.
- You have the passion to understand people and always strive harder to improve our products and services!
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF004957W