Primarily the architecture, engineering, deployment and support of Oracle & PostgreSQL database environment.
Support Database Platform Engineering in the architecture, development and deployment of Oracle and PostgreSQL Database on LUW in high SLA environments. This includes, but is not limited to, advanced to expert engineering and implementation of the following:
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
- Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participating in on-call rotation.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain Oracle and PostgreSQL databases in production and non-production environments.
- Support local/across the DC failover with High Availability Disaster Recovery environment (with Data Guard & Golden Gate for Oracle and Streaming & Logical Replications for PostgreSQL). Participate in Database Maintenance and DR activities.
- Write/maintain Shell/Python scripts for DB automation.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated Level 2 and Level3 issues.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of the same.
- Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA’s and performance targets.
- Adapt business requirements, model data, and develop database specifications, table and element attributes.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related field
- DBA experience, managing Oracle & PostgreSQL databases,
- Experience managing complex bi-directional replication topology
- Strong understanding of Oracle & PostgreSQL database fundamentals and Architecture.
- Strong understanding of Oracle GoldenGate fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Oracle DataGuard fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Oracle & PostgreSQL database security management
- Strong understanding of PostgreSQL streaming and logical replication
- Should have good Troubleshooting and Performance Improving Skills including index creation, query optimization, schema changes etc.
- Configuring PostgreSQL monitoring using Prometheus end points, Grafana etc.
- Should have strong UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, Shell scripting, Perl/Python scripting
- Good knowledge of programming and prior experience will be a plus
- Ability to modify and integrate database and related products and develop solutions to achieve required capabilities for Persistence/DB layer.
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.