Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The candidate will work in VISA's Observability team, Opera, designing, configuring and testing applications and systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the observability platform. The ideal candidate will bring experience in requirement gathering, functional configurations, system and data analysis; and testing of large volume financial systems. This role will also participate in planning and execution of application testing, doing advanced application configurations, system and data analysis to ensure successful delivery of business capabilities.
- Champion resiliency and in-depth knowledge on logging and monitoring platform. Embrace DevOps and Combined Dev + Test Engineering transformation to achieve accelerated delivery.
- Involve in logging platform Administration, Architecture, Agent management, dashboard, reports and alerts.
- Monitor and maintain logging tools performance, availability, and capacity.
- SME support for observability logging platform.
- Develop reliable, efficient queries that will feed custom alerts and dashboards and useful for business analysis.
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the logging platform like splunk, elastic cloud enterprise and future products.
- Evaluate & customize various frameworks including open-source software for logging and monitoring to recommend appropriate choices.
- Create and maintain documentation related to architecture and operational processes for observability logging platforms.
- Great communicator and able to work as part of a diverse, geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to dissect technical problems, analyze data, and recommend potential solutions
- Should be able to take the findings from solving problems and use them to drive product and service improvement.
- Ensure workflows, processes, tooling and applications are of the highest quality standard
- Create and enhance documentation and ability to train our visa users globally.
- 4 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a bachelor’s degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- 3 or more years demonstrated experience implementing scalable solutions for one or more of the following: enterprise logging tools like Splunk, Elastic cloud Enterprise, ELK , Humio
- Ability to understand systems/infrastructure from all levels: from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view. Strong familiarity with open-source logging tools like fluentd, fluent-bit, Loki
- 2+ years of experience in windows, Unix administration
- Proficient with software development tools, such as GitHub, JIRA, etc.
- expert as Splunk / ECE Admin handling support team
- Knowledge on container logging using open-source tools
- Knowledge on various Log shipper (Legacy & container infrastructure)
- Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment, including SaaS environments
- Designing and developing automation workflows through ansible
- Certified splunk and elastic administrator is a plus
- Previous experience with Cloud technologies is a plusAdditional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF001171W