What's the job? As part of the Platform and Reliability Engineering Department in the Network Processing organization, you'll be responsible for system development, implementation, maintenance, support, tools and automation of Visa's systems, which authorize, clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you'll gain experience collaborating with various
parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to the system or process where it is needed. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for a Full Stack senior software engineer who can work on software development and design.
- Expert level experience in JAVA or C++ and having experience in at least one of the back-end programming languages like Golang, Python or NodeJS in preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Development and Design Patterns.
- Experience in Mainframe is a plus.
- Must be willing to work on Windows, Linux and Mainframe.
- You encourage others to take risks, be bold, and innovate to create exceptional products that are both seamless for our clients and consumers. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution and encourage others to think the same.
- You recognize when to ask for help and when to collaborate with others, working across departments and influencing in areas beyond immediate control.
- Above all, you are someone who takes initiative and thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere and lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
- Experience in leading teams on software architecture and design patterns.
- Expertise in managing and mentoring a small team.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to define requirements/modifications for use in designing appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support.
- Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan and Technology strategy leveraging re-use, eliminating duplicative components, architectural design, and use of innovative products.
- Work to ensure technology decisions are "business" driven.
- Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products and services.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Provide rotational on-call support as needed.
- 6 or more years of work experience in Java or C++ and web service development with a Bachelor’s degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields.
- 7 or more years of work experience in JAVA or C++ and web service development with a Bachelor's degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields.
- Adaptability is a must, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF005133W