Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
We are creating a set of Fintech APIs to enable our business partners to create innovative products powered by Visa’s services and networks. You are a full stack software engineer who is creative, adaptable, and fun to work with. You will need the following to succeed in this position:
- Experience developing, documenting and maintaining secure RESTful APIs for financial transactions (Java)
- Experience documenting SDKs and APIs with clear tutorials and sample apps that other developers can identify with (Swagger)
- Experience creating web applications that can be referenced as examples of best practices for integration with our APIs (ReactJS, HTML, CSS)
- Experience prototyping native mobile apps for iOS and Android (Java, Swift, Kotlin, Flutter)
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD.
- Extensive experience in architecting and developing real-time multithreaded Java applications that are fault-tolerant, scalable and can handle high volumes
- Experience in best practices for API development and design patterns.
- Knowledgeable of common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Spring etc is preferred
- Experience in utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, JUnit
- Experience with REST services
- Experience in creating performing tests and produce results to ensure accurate compliance with project design requirements for compliance, load and performance testing
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough.
- Working knowledge NoSQL DB considered a plus
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycle including project management, functional requirements definition, technical design, development, testing, quality assurance, system certification, systems implementation and system validation.
- Consistently able to assess and evaluate problems in a production environment and manage risk to the service when recommending change
- Strong secure coding practices
- Strong experience working in an Agile environment. Commitment to Agile values and team-based work.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.