This Staff Systems Engineer role is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading z/OS operating system and subsystems.
- Working knowledge of SMP/E.
- Working knowledge of z/OS tools and subsystems.
- Basic understanding of major z/OS subsystems.
- System and application monitoring knowledge.
- Excellent Problem Determination skills.
- Provide 24X7 production support of Visa operations and second level z/OS application
- and system support. Requires on-call rotational support for geographically dispersed data centers.
- Knowledge of various ISV software tools.
- Manage workload and escalate to Sr. Engineers and manager, as needed.
- Work with other support, development, and user groups to manage requests from the perspective of infrastructure design and functionality.
- Support user requirements for software functionality and features.
- Work with vendors on software upgrades as needed.
- Basic knowledge of documentation tools, such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point.
- Ability to work with management and users from all levels of knowledge and expertise.
- Assist in supporting application teams with problem determination.
- Assist in supporting application teams with new functionality requests.
- Experience with configuration of z/OS operating system and significant subsystems.
- Experience with installation, maintaining, and implementation of z/OS and ISV software.
- Strong problem determination skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with GDDR functionality a bonus.
- Working knowledge of z/OS tools and subsystems, including by not exclusive to, JES2, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, ASM, SMS & HCD.
- Knowledge of various ISV software tools including by not exclusive to: CA (CA1, CA-ESP, CAVantage, Endevor, OPS/MVS, CAView, CADeliver, SYSVIEW)
- Compuware (Fileaid, Abendaid, Xpediter, Strobe)
- ASG (ViewDirect)
- Minimum of 2-3 z/OS (MVS) systems engineering or programming experience.
- 5 or more years total Information Technology experience.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- College degree or equivalent.Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF000238W