- Person will be responsible to Perform Big Data Administration and Engineering activities on multiple Hadoop, Kafka, Hbase and Spark clusters
- Work on Performance Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Monitor health of the platforms and Generate Performance Reports and Monitor and provide continuous improvements
- Working closely with development, engineering and operation teams, jointly work on key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability
- Develop and enhance platform best practices
- Ensure the Hadoop platform can effectively meet performance & SLA requirements
- Responsible for Big Data Production environment which includes Hadoop (HDFS and YARN), Hive, Spark, Livy, SOLR, Oozie, Kafka, Airflow, Nifi, Hbase etc
- Perform optimization, debugging and capacity planning of a Big Data cluster
- Perform security remediation, automation and self heal as per the requirement
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in maintaining, optimization, issue resolution of Big Data large scale clusters, supporting Business users and Batch process.
- Hands-on Experience No SQL Databases HBASE is plus
- Prior Experience in Linux / Unix OS Services, Administration, Shell, awk scripting is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-driven, Ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven track record
- Experience on Hortonworks distribution or Open Source preferred
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF35567T