The Solution Engineer engages a multi-functional team daily which may include account executives, technical specialists and product managers within VMware, as well as appropriate people from the customer. These include, but are not limited to, Executives, Technology buyers, Technology or Business Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Administrators and any other departmental liaisons.
This position presents unique opportunity to help our customers in their journey to transform their Wide Area Network (WAN), as they move more and more applications to the cloud. We learn something new every day and have lots of fun doing it.
You will -
- Be the primary contact for all things technical with VMware's clients, partners, and prospects.
- Form and further your relationship with technical decision makers at our Partner's organizations.
- Lead the discussions to make VMware client understand the value of our SD-WAN solution, how it fits into their network, and show them how to have a successful implementation as they take on the SD-WAN and SASE journey.
- Have the full support of our product team, the rest of the sales organization and executive, to make great things happen for our clients.
Focus And Passion Of Our SE
- Build relationships with System Integrators and Managed Service Provider Partners and their technical teams
- Articulate both business and technical benefits of our solution to our Partners
- Own and drive technical enablement activities for assigned Partners
- Listen to our customers and come up with creative ways to solve their problems, and bring the feedback to product team to continue improving our product
- Provide on the job training for partner sales teams by allowing partner sales teams to shadow presentations and evaluation installations.
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Be resourceful and up to date on the market and competitive landscape so we can help our customers make the right decision
- Coordinate with Partners and respond to the customer RFI, RFP, and sales proposal
- Participate and present at roadshow and tradeshow, customer and partner training
- 7+ years of experience with Networking and WAN technologies, ESXi, KVM, and Public Cloud services
- 5+ years of experience in customer facing roles, such as Sales Engineer, Consulting Engineer, Product Manager or Solution Architect in major networking vendors and partners.
- Knowledge and Hand-on experiences on network security technologies: Web Proxies, SIEM, SAML, TLS, IPSec/IKE, DLP, Anti-Virus, Spam and Spyware Solutions, Advanced Threats Protection, Intrusion Protection, and URL Filtering.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to build rapport and credibility and clearly articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively and energetically present technologies and business propositions to customers, peers, and management.
- Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Expect 25% travel requirements
- BS Computer Science or higher required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.