You will be part of the core engineering team in ShopCash, helping to build and maintain its frontend and backend.
Along with other team members, you will be implementing features and solving challenging problems in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
What you will be doing:
- Follow and iterate on engineering best practice to achieve a robust code base, e.g. through design reviews, code reviews, unit tests, and regular retrospective meetings.
- Partner with product, designers and analytics and drive requirements that take into account all parties' needs.
- Support other members of the team in finding pragmatic solutions that can be implemented in a reasonable amount of time.
- Identify and proactively address challenges on the backend, driving complex technical decisions together with your colleagues.
- Take ownership of managing and extending our backend services. Use your technical expertise in building backend architecture and infrastructure at scale.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience designing and building APIs with maintainability, scalability and reliability in mind. You will debug queries, implement database optimisations, and refactor large parts of the codebase to improve readability.
- Enjoy working as part of a close-knit team. You will solve the team's problems together - designing systems with good abstractions, fixing production issues, providing respectful and thoughtful feedback on other developers’ code in pull requests and welcoming feedback on your own work too.
- Proficiency in English and technical communication.
It will be great if you have:
- Familiarity with technologies that we already use;
- Elixir and Phoenix, Postgres and Elasticsearch for back-end development
- TypeScript, React, Next.js, Jest and Cypress for front-end development.
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and CI/CD in general.
- Demonstrated ability to own and ship a big project end to end involving complex decisions based on business and technological impact.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum.