As an Engineering Manager, you and your team will be working on exciting infrastructure driven projects for Fortune 500 customers across all verticals. Our global infrastructure planning and deployment services deliver thousands of projects each year. From employing our methodologies at hundreds of sites to leveraging complete enterprise design services, customers trust our infrastructure experts to assess the technology they have today and design the solutions they need for tomorrow.
What will you be doing ?
You will work with internal recruiting to provide qualified staff for our Infrastructure Services engagements. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing a strategy and plan to handle future growth in the various technical verticals through capacity planning, training, and process improvement. As a successful manager, you will also provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the engineers as they execute their assigned engagements.
Role : Engineering Manager
World Wide Technology has an opportunity for an APAC Engineering Manager to lead the Professional Services Engineers. This role will be part of the APAC Professional Service Leadership team & would be based in Singapore. . It will require motivating the team, leading them to develop service solutions and ensuring high quality delivery.
- Motivate and lead engineering team across multiple technical domains, possible domains include Automation/Cloud, Windows Migration, VDI, Video, IP Telephony, Compute, Storage, DC Networking, Campus Networking, Wireless, etc.
- Identify WWT Market position and opportunity within our customers
- Lead project engineers to develop new service engagements, coaching them on the presales and identifying new service engagements for customer
- Nurturing and supporting engineers seconded to customer projects, ensuring they have all the tools and knowledge they need to be successful in their roles
- Develop hiring plan to meet growing business across the APAC region
- Define engineering standards and ensure high quality deliverables and service standards
- Develop standard delivery runbook
- Ensure WWT best practices are being followed by WWT project teams
- Provide engineering support (to include firefighting when necessary)
- Monitor projects being executed by a WWT subcontractor for success and compliance with WWT methodologies
- Review client deliverables to identify opportunities to improve through training, mentoring,product offering improvement, and talent acquisition
- Maintain bi-weekly one on one meetings with each direct report
- Passion to deliver on project objective & make customer successful.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done.
- Proactive initiative to implement improvements which will contribute to the whole team’s success
- Builds strong customer relationships
- Open to receiving and giving feedback
- Provide leadership to the WWT engineering team both internal and contractor
- Provide staffing and utilization management for Professional Services engagements
- Perform capacity planning for the pipeline of engineering engagements
- Coach and mentor engineering staff on Professional Services best practices
- Serve as the engineering management escalation path to customers
- Build, maintain, and utilize subcontract relationships
- Complete performance evaluations for engineering personnel
- Ensure compliance with WWT’s Delivery Methodology
- Evaluate processes and recommend changes to drive higher quality and profitability
- Minimum 5+ years technical management experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Bachelor's Degree in business or technology, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience managing engineering teams or technical staff in a project execution capacity
- Ability to work independently and solve customer-facing problems
- Strong communication skills -- written, verbal, and presentation
- Proactive in taking on new initiatives and working through ambiguous situations
- Capable of effective oral and written presentations to senior level executives
- Self-starter who exudes positive energy and can rally those around them to a common goal
- Experience working and leading teams in EMEA and APAC.
- Experience leading multi-technology teams
- Experience growing teams technology skillsets