As a Data Engineer in X0PA you will contribute to the development of innovative products, and you will make a significant impact in the HR industry.
The candidate should be comfortable in processing large volumes of data, manage ETL processes, work with databases and data warehouses, automate pipelines, and collaborate closely with other team members and customers.
We are looking for candidates with at least 3 years of work experience in managing and administering database solutions.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will be a core member of the data science team and work closely with the team to identify and resolve data-related issues.
- You will plan and setup a data warehouse for the team for existing and future data science/ analytics use cases. This includes setting up ETL pipelines for data ingestion from various sources and maintaining feature stores/ data marts.
- You will drive the formulation and implementation of the company’s data strategy.
- You will be developing and optimizing flexible and scalable data pipelines.
- You will also have the opportunity to work on data science / analytics projects.
What Skills We Think Will Be Needed
- A bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, IT or equivalent with at least 3 years of data engineering experience.
- Strong experience in SQL and handling data. Experience in handling XML, JSON, and unstructured data (text, videos, images and audio) will be extremely beneficial.
- Working experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CosmosDB, AWS Elasticsearch and ETL tools such as Pentaho Kettle would be beneficial.
- Good coding experience in Python and/or R.
- Knowledge in setting up a data warehouse and ETL processes.
- Knowledge and experience in AI/ML would be beneficial.
Important Note: You do not need to possess all the skills mentioned above. We value the willingness and ability to learn fast on the job as changes are frequent in a start-up environment.
How We Work
- The team consists of Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists and ML Engineers. Currently we are a team of 5 but is looking to grow the team to meet the company’s growth strategy.
- We work closely with all members of the team, as well as other teams such as Software Engineering, Project Management and Customer Success. We believe that the only way for us to go far is to go together as a team.
- We embrace flexible working arrangements and allow members of the team to choose the working arrangement that suits them best, be it fully WFH, hybrid or in office.
- We strongly believe in growing the company starts from growing and nurturing our people. 20% of working time is ring-fenced for learning, training and development purposes. We put equal emphasis in empowering our people to achieve their development goals and meeting project delivery timelines.
- Everyone in the team is the expert in their field and learning from experts is one of the fastest ways to grow. Everyone on the team has a primary role and secondary role. This allows them to contribute effectively to the company, while also opens the opportunity of trying out unfamiliar roles and learning from the best. Primary and secondary roles will be shuffled regularly to meet the various learning needs of the members while still being able to deliver outcomes.
- Please do not apply if you are not here to learn and grow together as a team.
How The Application Process Will Be
We will perform a pre-screening to select applicants that we think would be a good fit for the role. Applicants selected will have an offline technical assessment with around 1-2 weeks to complete. Our team will review the submissions and shortlisted candidates will undergo around 2 rounds of interview before being offered the role.