Your mission as Database Reliability Engineer is to ensure our business' complex data requirements are met and it can easily access its data in a fast, reliable, and secure manner.
- Identify changes for the product architecture from the reliability and security perspective with a data-driven approach
- Build automation to address database problems like failovers, backups, restores, schema changes, and performance tuning
- Proactively work on the efficiency and capacity planning to set clear requirements and reduce the database resource usage
- Continuously improve database observability, debuggability, introspection, and instrumentation
- Guide fellow engineers across Xendit so they can be their own database administrators
You may be a good fit if
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree
- 4 - 6 years of relevant IT experience, with a minimum of 3-year experience focusing on database engineering
- Have at least 2 years of experience running PostgreSQL and MongoDB in large production environments
- Have solid knowledge of SQL, PL/pgSQL, and NoSQL, able to review query statements and guide developers with best practices on how to interact with the database, for a high-scale web environment
- You have experience using Ansible, Terraform or other automation tools
- You thrive on the autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bonus point if you have experience working in high growth startup or highly regulated company which require compliance from PCI DSS or HIPAA
What We Care About
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You're like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don't take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You're remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can't find someone who raves about you then it's unlikely we will too.