Our disbursement team works on Xendit’s biggest products: xenDisburse and xenBatch. These products support the region’s biggest fintech and ecommerce businesses in the high-volume, time-sensitive payouts needed to run their business. The team is responsible for building mission-critical services, maintaining connections to banks and providers, and working through various issues associated with local infrastructure to ensure that payouts are executed successfully, correctly and promptly.
We're looking for a highly passionate software engineer to help us refine our disbursements product so that it is highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant. You’ll be joining our technical team to build a complex distributed system used by regional customers. You’ll get to work with our business and operations teams to understand and solve customer pain points and work with other engineers to build new features that will delight our customers.
- Understand customer needs and requirements, prioritise builds and add those into the technical roadmap
- Account for the delivery of technical roadmap items on time
- Build and maintain responsive user interface for customers
- Design and develop REST API to support business requirements
- Write high-quality maintainable code, test, PR review then ship it
- Deliver products with standardized security, reliability, and stability
- Work closely with local banks and partners to scale up our product coverage
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- 2/3+ years of experience in developing, designing, and deploying large scale full stack applications
- Experience in any of the following: Node.js, TypeScript, Golang
- Familiarity with unit, integration, and E2E test frameworks
- Experience in building responsive web application using front end frameworks such as React
- Good understanding of UX design principles and best practices
- Exposure to large-scale microservices architectural patterns, such as well-designed REST APIs.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as Posgres, MongoDB / Cassandra
- Familiarity with Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into well-groomed user stories
- Thrive on being independent and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Communicate well across teams
It would be amazing if you also have
- Familiarity with containerization technologies, including docker and kubernetes
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Experience in building unit, integration, and E2E test
What We Care About
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.