Our disbursement team works on Xendit’s biggest products: xenDisburse and xenBatch. These products support the region’s biggest fintech and ecommerce businesses in the high-volume, time-sensitive payouts needed to run their business. The team is responsible for building mission-critical services, maintaining connections to banks and providers, and working through various issues associated with local infrastructure to ensure that payouts are executed successfully, correctly and promptly.
We're looking for a highly passionate software engineer to help us refine our disbursements product so that it is highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant. You’ll be joining our technical team to build a complex distributed system used by regional customers. You’ll get to work with our business and operations teams to understand and solve customer pain points and work with other engineers to build new features that will delight our customers.
- Understand customer needs and requirements, prioritise builds and add those into the technical roadmap
- Account for the delivery of technical roadmap items on time
- Mentor and up-skill engineers on a day-to-day basis
- Advance engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Identify technical gaps in Disbursements products & build improvements to the technology stack by planning the technical roadmap
- Drive infrastructure improvements that scale us from millions of monthly transactions to tens of millions of monthly transactions
- Enhance our product reliability to maintain our performance threshold of 99% of disbursements processed under 1 minute & 99% of disbursements successfully sent to the recipient
- Work closely with local banks and partners to scale up our product coverage
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- 2/3+ years of experience in developing, designing, and deploying large scale applications
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience in any of the following: Node.js, TypeScript, Golang
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database schema design and query optimization
- Familiarity with unit, integration, and E2E test frameworks
- Exposure to large-scale microservices architectural patterns, such as well-designed REST APIs, circuit breakers, high volume data pipelines
- Familiarity with Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into well-groomed user stories
- Thrive on being independent and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Communicate well across teams
- Bonus points if you have experience in local bank integrations
What We Care About
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.