We're looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You should thrive having ownership over the system and are able to succeed within a global, open and collaborative environment
As the first SDET within the StraitsX team, you will start by being mostly hands on, understanding the system and its abstractions to design and build an effective testing infrastructure around a core product of StraitsX. After which, you will be responsible to build up a team that can scale and replicate that to all the products StraitsX handles.
You will have to develop and maintain software to test the product and are expected to have the technical capabilities to significantly improve product quality through testing. You should also have knowledge of Quality Assurance such that the testing infrastructure that you have designed and built will expose defects in production level code, problems at the component, architecture and at feature integration level.
You will support and mentor the other SDETs on the team, providing regular guidance and feedback. You will be a role model for others to emulate and set high standards for those around you.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering team to understand how the product should function and the technical architecture and abstractions.
- Develop and execute the quality assurance roadmap to reduce the rate of quality incidences.
- Mentor and develop other SDETs on the team.
What we're looking for
- You have at least 3 years of experience as an SDET, developer, or automation engineer.
- You have proven experience in supporting test automation.
- You have a deep understanding of how to drive concepts of Quality Assurance across product lines.
- You are able to train and influence the wider engineering team in delivering higher-quality products.
- You have an understanding of industry-standard testing tools.
- You have experience in a Continuous Integration environment.
- You are able to roll your sleeves and get your hands dirty to get the job done.
Nice to have
- You have experience working in the FinTech industry on payments-related products.
- Prior experience in Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- Prior experience in mentoring other SDETs is a plus.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately, we may not be able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application, we’ll definitely be in touch!
Xfers is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Xfers will be considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
By submitting your application, you agree that Xfers may collect your personal data for recruiting, regional organization planning, and related purposes.