As an Application Support Engineer, you’re not just part of a team to provide 24/7 support for our software products and infrastructure (cloud and on-premise), but assisting with tasks such as provisioning/de-provisioning of resources, user administration, monitoring computing resource utilization, network setup and backup/restore.
- Administering cloud-based and on-premise infrastructure deployment which includes tasks such as provisioning/de-provisioning of resources, maintaining security posture, user administration, monitoring computing resource utilization, network setup, backup/restore and incident management.
- This position requires system administration outside normal business hours. You will be part of a 24/7 on-call roster for support purposes.
- Routine operations such as code deployment and other release management steps as part of SDLC
- Perform system administration activities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, implement corrective/preventive actions during and after an incident.
- Create and maintain documentation and processes for troubleshooting, maintaining, and configuring systems.
- Identify process improvements such as automation projects that can improve efficiency and reduce errors.
- Perform Cloud and On-Premise audits, inspections, corrections and other activities as needed by SecOps or other branches.
- Ensure knowledge sharing to ensure proper transfer of skills to rest of organization to improve utilization of industry standard tools.
- Provide troubleshooting and support for application and environment as required.
- Possess a diploma or degree in Computing/ Information Technology or related fields or equivalent certification.
- 0-2 years working as a systems administrator or other software operations related role. Fresh Graduates welcome.
- Core Technical competency areas that will be considered: Linux/Unix shell scripting and other OS fundamentals.
- Ability to troubleshoot and display good thought processes and logic.
- Familiarity with running servers on Linux OS
- Good analytical, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with AWS administration is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Ansible/ Python/ YAML language a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Docker and microservices a strong plus.