- Work closely with different Portfolio teams (Solution teams) to build data flows, pipelines with traceable linkage and lineage . Study input source data stores to develop ETL specifications for data integration development and implementation
- Proficient in Data Transformations on source data, perform joins and aggregations, build Data Warehouse, feature engineering for Machine Learning and push data for reporting/ Business Intelligence.
- Participate in Data Profiling, Data Cleaning and Quality Management to support Data Stewards and Data Scientists in the team
- Help run proof-of-concepts to evaluate new tools/softwares to recommend as potential features to Yara Farm and Field Data Platform
- Promote the use of Data Engineering features available in Yara Farm and Field Data Platform with stakeholders in Yara Farming Solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a field related to a computational science
- 5+ years' experience working as a data engineer with hands on experience in data engineering projects such as writing SQL queries, data pipelining, API provisioning, database optimisation / maintenance etc.
- Knowledge of data architecture concepts such as database systems, schemas, schema registry, data warehousing etc.
- Worked with scalable architectures (lambda, containers etc.) Able to code in Python, our preferred tech stack. Comfortable working with our tools: AWS, Github, CircleCI, Jira, Kubernetes
- Aligned with our principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organization, transparency. Hands on experience in metadata management, data modelling, data analysis, data integration tools
We strive to reflect the diversity in society and encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply. We are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances
- Evolving tech development division of an established agricultural products and services company.
- Explore and develop digital, software, hardware products, which provide value to farmers, smallholder communities and the value chain.
- Be part of our mission to build sustainable solutions that benefit humanity and the environment.
- Full-time, permanent and freelance contract options available with competitive remuneration + benefits.
- Support for personal development, training and continuous learning.
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, meetups, and knowledge sharing.
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.