- Overall accountable for the design, setup and delivery of a best-in-class global software engineering discipline to support the needs of product teams within CDS and continuously improve the delivery/support/services provided to the product teams. Flexibly evolve the structure and services of the discipline as the organization matures and the needs shift (short term and long term).
- Effective lead and manage teams (people manager of people managers and entire business area) considering both the short-term project/delivery needs of the software engineering, qa/test and solution architecture function and the long-term strategic needs.
- Aligning software engineering activities and overall business strategy through making specific choices and implementing specific practices within the discipline globally. Including the setup/structure and overall accountability for the outcomes of the discipline.
- Lead through influence and common interest. Internal stakeholder management/leadership by building the right relationships internally to get work done etc. cross disciplinary partnership to support objectives/goals, possible external partnerships etc.
- Support and develop the overall data science knowledge base of the company through competency programs, talent development and inclusivity programs. Yara must become a net talent contributor to the market and this role is key to leading that area within software engineering.
- Build the profile of Yara as a net knowledge/best practice/open source/value contributor to the market in terms of software engineering (thought leadership).
- Software engineering/development project/team management (management of managers) experience across end-to-end development of mobile and web apps (Android, iOS ).
- Experience in setup and adaption of a software practice over a few years based on evolving needs of the given company.
- Solid understanding of best practices within the development space.
- Aligned with our principles: people-centric; ethical development; environmental; social-impact; build talent/give back.
We strive to reflect the diversity in society and encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply. We are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances
- Evolving tech development division of an established agricultural products and services company.
- Explore and develop digital, software, hardware products, which provide value to farmers, smallholder communities and the value chain.
- Be part of our mission to build sustainable solutions that benefit humanity and the environment.
- Full-time, permanent and freelance contract options available with competitive remuneration + benefits.
- Support for personal development, training and continuous learning.
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, meetups, and knowledge sharing.
No relocation is required for this role as it can be based in any location.
Apply no later than
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.