- Work within a product team with a product manager, designers, and other developers to create engaging, user-centric solutions, applications and/or services that solve the needs of the smallholder farming communities around the world (farmers, offtakers, retailers, dealers, markets, and all other stakeholders within a farming community).
- Participate in the full lifecycle of a product, from early stage inception through to full market release and continuous improvement after initial launch
- Work together with field solutions team of UX professionals and Subject Matter Experts in rapidly creating solution prototypes to validate ideas collated from smallholder community personas across the globe.
- Contribute to MVPs, partial and full release products and various stages of development and release on different release trains.
- Mentor juniors and mid-level developers within the team. Take ownership of technical areas to become go-to person for expertise and consultation.
- At least two full-project experiences building Backend Services with Nodejs (Express) and strong foundations in REST API development.
- Knowledge on design and development of performant RDBMS and NoSQL databases, as well as related ORMs (Sequelize etc.)
- Deployment experience in at least two projects with container tech (Docker/Kubernetes/AWS EKS) and CI/CD (CircleCi/Jenkins).
- Ability to test your code with unit, integration and E2E tests (Enzyme/Jest/cypress).
- Bonus points for familiarity with Swagger, Postman, Terraform, Github, AWS Lambda, Serverless concepts, AWS RDS and AWS DynamoDB.
- Prior experience working in an agile environment following scrum methodology as well as collaborating with remote teams on daily basis.
- Prior experience in mentoring junior developers with concrete growth plans and skill-upgrade strategies.
We strive to reflect the diversity in society and encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply. We are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances
- Evolving tech development division of an established agricultural products and services company.
- Explore and develop digital, software, hardware products, which provide value to farmers, smallholder communities and the value chain.
- Be part of our mission to build sustainable solutions that benefit humanity and the environment.
- Full-time, permanent and freelance contract options available with competitive remuneration + benefits.
- Support for personal development, training and continuous learning.
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, meetups, and knowledge sharing.
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.