- Work within a product team with a product manager, designers, and other developers to create engaging, user-centric solutions, applications and/or services that solve the needs of the smallholder farming communities around the world (farmers, offtakers, retailers, dealers, markets, and all other stakeholders within a farming community).
- Participate in the full lifecycle of a product, from early stage inception through to full market release and continuous improvement after initial launch
- Work together with field solutions team of UX professionals and Subject Matter Experts in rapidly creating solution prototypes to validate ideas collated from smallholder community personas across the globe.
- Contribute to MVPs, partial and full release products and various stages of development and release on different release trains.
- Mentor juniors and mid-level developers within the team. Take ownership of technical areas to become go-to person for expertise and consultation.
- Knowledge on design and development of performant RDBMS and NoSQL databases, as well as related ORMs (Sequelize etc.). Deployment experience in at least two projects with container tech (Docker/Kubernetes/AWS EKS) and CI/CD (CircleCi/Jenkins).
- Ability to test your code with unit, integration and E2E tests (Enzyme/Jest/cypress). Bonus points for familiarity with Swagger, Postman, Terraform, Github, AWS Lambda, Serverless concepts, AWS RDS and AWS DynamoDB.
- Prior experience working in an agile environment following scrum methodology as well as collaborating with remote teams on daily basis. Prior experience in mentoring junior developers with concrete growth plans and skill-upgrade strategies.
We strive to reflect the diversity in society and encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply. We are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances
- Evolving tech development division of an established agricultural products and services company.
- Explore and develop digital, software, hardware products, which provide value to farmers, smallholder communities and the value chain.
- Be part of our mission to build sustainable solutions that benefit humanity and the environment.
- Full-time, permanent and freelance contract options available with competitive remuneration + benefits.
- Support for personal development, training and continuous learning.
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, meetups, and knowledge sharing.
Apply no later than
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.