We're growing the Productivity Engineering team responsible for some of the key systems and services that Zendesk Engineering relies on. These services include building infrastructure for dynamic on-demand cloud based development and test environments for Engineers using technologies like AWS, Kubernetes, Argo, Ruby/Rails, Go, TypeScript and more. We’re looking for a leader to help grow and guide a high impact, high leverage, and high visibility team that supports the productivity of Zendesk engineers. Partnering with Product Management to craft and execute the roadmap. You’ll ensure team happiness and performance while keeping them focused on high impactful productivity initiatives. With technical and leadership expertise you will partner with, guide, educate, enable and empower hardworking engineering teams throughout Zendesk to leverage on demand environments to ship value to our customers in a fast, secure and reliable manner.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading the team to deliver scalable and reliable infrastructure and tooling for on-demand environment creation that supports our company strategy.
- Manage a diverse team to navigate deep technical problem spaces.
- Lead the Infrastructure and Tooling strategy while balancing a wide variety of projects and engagements in collaboration with Product Managers and Tech Leaders
- Identifying growth plans for your team members, so they have a clear career path
- Use your experience to mentor other members of the team and promote good engineering practices and processes.
- Build cross-functional partnerships, and work closely with other Engineering and Product Managers to identify productivity and production quality issues, and provide insight on improving both through scale and tooling.
- Encourage innovation within the team and work on constantly improving the wellbeing and productivity of the team.
What you bring to the role
- 8+ years in software engineering
- 3+ years of proven experience in leading the team
- Active listening skills and empathy towards your team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Build trust and provide continuous constructive feedback to the team
- You have systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- You put the customer first and respect your commitment to deliver
- Experience with application development using modern web technologies, APIs, cloud based solutions (AWS, GCP, etc), container orchestration (Kubernetes), Microservices architectures
- The ability to lead, partner, and collaborate cross functionally across an engineering organization
- Ability to collaborate with remote teams
- Experience with leading Engineering Productivity / Developer Experience Teams in the past
- Experience with building test environments infrastructure and automation at large-scale
- Growth mindset to continually improve and driven by curiosity
Culture and Perks
We have 150+ staff in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful chat product. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. You will work with encouraging peers that truly care about our customers and deliver value for them.
Perks include stock, flexible working, $1500 training allowance, medical insurance coverage for you and your family, mobile phone allowance, home internet reimbursement, WFH equipment budget, and 4 months parental leave.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion
in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice
explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.