Zendesk is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Agent Experience Messaging team. As part of the Chat product office in Singapore, the team focuses on empowering our customers to provide a best-in-class messaging experience for their users. We are delivering a revamped customer messaging experience that will eventually culminate in the realisation of an omni-channel customer engagement product.
You will be working with a group of energetic and dynamic engineers on developing a highly-response web-based application. You will learn about a well-structured web frontend architecture and the APIs to support it. You will work closely with the product team and UX designers to improve the current workflows or implement exciting new features.
Senior Software Engineers at Zendesk are encouraged to be hands-on technologists who could contribute to application development directly, contribute to the design and implementation of projects, and be involved in technical discussions beyond their teams. You would love finding simple solutions to sophisticated problems, and care about not only the technical and algorithmic aspects of large systems, but the way they enable other developers to do their jobs. You should have previous experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, or component-oriented software engineering.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- You'll be helping us build modern and elegant experiences on our Agent Workspace product.
- We're looking for engineers who are not afraid of touching every layer of our technical stack. The teams working on each feature are small and working in bi-weekly sprints to meet achievable deliverables, so there is a lot of meaningful collaboration.
- Work with Product Manager, the Team Lead and the Designer to provide technical insights and early estimates on the assigned project.
- Take the lead on technical design discussions and propose innovative solutions.
- Build POCs to test candidate technologies and make informed decisions.
- Ensure scalability, performance, maintainability and security of the technical platform in collaboration with the ops teams.
- Actively participate in full-stack coding, reviewing pull requests and testing.
- Use your experience to mentor junior members in the team and best coding methodologies e.g. TDD.
- Become a key contributor to better working practices across Zendesk.
What You Bring To The Role
You’re tenacious, driven, and have a passion for learning, love to collaborate and have meaningful interactions with everyone you meet. You believe that online real-time communication fosters trust, and delivers valuable benefits to customer engagement. You want to build code to make these experiences even better.
- Have a proven record in Software Engineering with strong capabilities in any of the major web-programming languages (Java, Python, Ruby or Go).
- Have a strong understanding of Web technologies and the interactions between the frontend client (e.g. web browsers) and the backend stack.
- Are experienced in building scalable, distributed systems (exposure to Kafka is a plus).
- Proven understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Personal projects, collaboration to open-source community or active learning initiatives would be a good sign of your passion to learn and tackle problems.
- Front End: Ember/React.js
Culture and Perks
We have 100s of engineers in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful Chat product. You can find us at Marina One West Tower. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk, we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathons!
Perks include stock options, flexible working, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months parental leave. These are always subject to change and usually in the positive!
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
U.S. Applicants Only: Consistent with Zendesk’s emphasis on employee wellness and our shared interest in public health, Zendesk requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Zendesk will consider accommodations for reasons recognized by applicable law. Zendesk prohibits discrimination and will not tolerate discrimination based on a person’s disability, physical or mental conditions, religion, or any other status protected by law.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.