We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Global Engineering Productivity team in Singapore. Our team vision is to provide a technical ecosystem along with appropriate standards and policies, such that all engineering teams at Zendesk can create, build, test, and release software with optimal speed, quality, reliability, scalability, insight, and security. You will be working with a group of highly skilled engineers to develop and improve our tooling to support productivity.
We work on sophisticated systems and need the right tools and test infrastructure to deliver high quality code to production. Test Frameworks and their usability play a meaningful role in the delivery pipeline. You will be involved in architecting, implementing and configuring test frameworks within a substantial infrastructure containing a large number of services to ensure that all developers can test easily, consistently and reliably. This is an excellent opportunity to have a large impact on an entire engineering organization.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Drive, innovate and embed test practices across Zendesk. Cultivate collaboration between the Engineering Productivity teams and other engineering teams.
- Collaborate with remote offices on complex technical problems.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving sophisticated technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Design, code, review, test and implement solutions to improve the productivity of engineering teams.
- Actively engage in the continuous improvement of Engineering productivity practice with a focus on speed, quality, and innovation.
- Work as part of a self-directed team where you determine your tasks in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you.
- Find opportunities for improvement by challenging the status quo and suggesting alternative and creative solutions.
What You Bring To The Role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills in a dynamic, collaborative and agile work environment.
- Experience in developing and architecting frameworks/solutions for large scale, distributed web applications.
- Full-stack development experience from storage/DB through to the frontend web UI.
- Ability to transform visions & roadmaps into reality.
- Tactics and strategies for building engineering productivity tools for highly technical users in a large multi-product SaaS organization.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions (AWS, GCP, etc) and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Mesos, etc).
- Ability to collaborate with remote teams.
Nice To Have
- Good knowledge of application configuration, infrastructure, automation, and operations.
- Have actively worked on building CI/CD frameworks.
- Extensive experience with Build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Buildkite CircleCI, Github etc.
- Strong knowledge of application configuration, infrastructure, and operations.
Culture and Perks
We have 100s of engineers in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful Chat product. You can find us at Marina One West Tower. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk, we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathons!
Perks include stock options, flexible working, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months parental leave. These are always subject to change and usually in the positive.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.