This ZNOC engineer function at Zendesk will be impactful to the reliability and availability of Zendesk products and our customers’ trust and happiness. As a ZNOC Engineer, you will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and triaging of alerts for both infrastructure and application issues. Also, providing support with service incidents by alert validation, recommend resolutions, or implementing temporary fixes until the availability of the product/code owner.
The ideal candidate will have experience finding and fixing issues with distributed systems in the cloud. S/he should have previous success working high severity service incidents and actively participating in the incident lifecycle. You should also have knowledge of networking and experience writing software.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Satisfy your curiosity by digging deep into distributed systems to fully understand how they work and how to improve their resiliency and reliability.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, firefight, and stabilize service incidents when they occur.
- Perform incident analysis to gather findings and identify follow-up actions that lead to more reliable products.
- Help improves ZNOC monitoring and alerting
What You'll Bring To The Role
- Experience in a Software, Infrastructure, Systems, and/or Site Reliability Engineering role. Familiar with how HTTP/API works.
- Strong knowledge in AWS and preferably Kubernetes.
- Experience on configuration management tools such as spinnaker, and Git
- Knowledgeable and experience on managing alerts/monitors with tools such as Pagerduty, Datadog, Cloudflare, Rails, Terraform, etc.
- Experience in at least one of the programming languages: Python, Ruby, GoLang
- Propose and implement automation or process improvements that will improve reliability and performance of the system.
- Experience in a software development environment
- A successful track record of troubleshooting distributed systems during service incidents while remaining level-headed.
- A strong curiosity for the unknown and not stopping until you have a solid understanding
- An understanding of what makes up the incident lifecycle
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and t