The ideal candidate will want to join a growing team. You have recent experience with full stack-cloud native software development, distributed systems and love digging through code to resolve issues. You should have experience debugging incidents and partnering with teams across the company to improve reliability and performance of systems and services.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop, and evolve the Site Reliability Engineering practice at Zendesk
- Be part of a team that designs, architects, deploys, maintains Zendesk’s internal Automated Remediation framework
- Provide and institute proven practices around reliability, observability, remediations and troubleshooting
- Build vital and efficient tooling to lower the barrier of entrance for engineering teams to plug in and enjoy the benefits of Reliability
- Provide guidance to engineering teams reliability standards to help proactively identify and resolve issues before they become incidents
- Rapidly understand issues with our products and help teams to optimally solve customer impacting incidents
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems and propose alternatives
- Mentor across teams enabling technical decisions based on proven methodologies driving towards infrastructure perfection and high availability software
What you bring to the role
Studies have shown that women and people of color tend not to apply for jobs unless they feel they meet exactly all items in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidates, and they may come from a nontraditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't match everything listed in this job description.
- 6+ years of proven experience in a Software and/or SRE role
- Experience architecting, improving, and operating reliable distributed platforms
- Ability to design solutions that work reliably at scale
- Can debug difficult problems across sophisticated distributed systems
- Experience developing and operating large scale distributed systems
- Experience building for and supporting a polyglot programming and datastore environment
- Enjoyment from helping others learn and improve through pairing, code review, tech talks etc.
- Experience using high scale telemetry systems is a plus
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion
in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice
explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.