This is a new role with the Site Reliability Engineering function at Zendesk Singapore, that will be impactful to the reliability and availability of Zendesk products and our customers’ trust and happiness. Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that builds powerful, customizable software designed to improve our customers' experience. At Zendesk, we encourage growth, innovation and believe in giving back to the communities we call home. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a technical team, building reliable platforms, actively participating in incident response and the incident lifecycle, supporting large scale distributed systems, and partnering with teams to improve reliability.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop, and evolve the SRE practice at Zendesk
- Work across organizational boundaries to integrate services with a focus on releasing with quality and observability
- Provide and institute proven practices around reliability, remediations, and incident management
- Build vital and efficient tooling to lower the barrier of entrance for engineering teams to plug in and enjoy the benefits of Reliability
- Provide guidance to engineering teams reliability standards to help proactively identify and resolve issues before they become incidents
- Rapidly understand issues with our products and help teams to optimally solve customer impacting incidents
- Architect highly reliable production grade platforms that enhance the reliability ideology
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems and propose alternatives
- Mentor across teams enabling technical decisions based on proven methodologies driving towards infrastructure perfection and high availability software
What you bring to the role
Studies have shown that women and people of color tend not to apply for jobs unless they feel they meet exactly all items in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidates, and they may come from a nontraditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't match everything listed below.
- 10+ years of proven experience in a Software and/or SRE role
- Experience architecting, improving, and operating reliable distributed platforms
- Ability to design solutions that work reliably at scale
- Can debug difficult problems across sophisticated distributed systems
- Experience with AWS, infrastructure, cloud native software design, backend systems and Kubernetes
- Experience building for and supporting a polyglot programming and datastore environment
- Enjoyment from helping others learn and improve through pairing, code review, tech talks etc.
- The ability to lead, partner, and collaborate cross functionally across an engineering organization
- Experience using high scale telemetry systems is a plus
At Zendesk, we believe that every great customer relationship stems from a conversation. So we built a customer service software company that designs solutions to foster better customer relationships. From large enterprises to startups, powerful, innovative customer experiences should be within reach for every company, no matter the size, industry or ambition. Zendesk serves more than 160,000 customers across a multitude of industries in over 30 languages. Zendesk is headquartered in San Francisco, and operates offices worldwide. Learn more at www.zendesk.com
We believe in service. Learn more
about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion
in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
with your specific accommodation request.