Zendesk is looking for a hardworking Software Engineering Intern to join our team in Singapore for a 6 months internship! The Engineering team is responsible for building customer centric products that are powerful and flexible, and scale to meet the needs of any business. Your internship experience will be learning what it means to be a Software Engineer.
As an intern with Zendesk, you will collaborate closely with team members all over the globe to build scalable, high performance products and services. You will pair with engineers to learn about our current technology stack and architecture. You’ll write code, design documents, tests, instrument changes using metrics and distributed tracing, and deploy to production!
The internship will focus on building applications, enhancing your skills and give you on-the-job experience to further develop your engineering knowledge. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for solving large scale challenges using new technologies and will be willing to work hard by remaining flexible, agile and adaptable.
At Zendesk, diversity, equity and inclusion are more than buzzwords, and bigger than the bottom line. It's about our people knowing that they're valued where they work. Employees at Zendesk work hard to build a culture where everyone belongs. Employee Communities play a vital role in bringing us together and ensure we feel supported at work.
By the end of your internship, you will have learned and built skills that will make you a successful Software Developer:
- Address sophisticated problems and provide simple elegant solutions
- Contribute to making our software simple, reliable, and easy to operate
- Collaborate with teammates around the globe
- Use a wide variety of technologies & wear lots of hats
- Work in an agile development environment where pragmatism triumphs over dogmatism
- Participate in activities and volunteering with other interns
What you will bring to the role:
- Actively enrolled in a degree in Computer Science or related field program and graduating by 2021/2022
- Must be authorized to work in Singapore