Zendesk is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Messaging team. As part of the Chat product office in Singapore, the team focuses on empowering our customers to provide a best-in-class messaging experience for their users. The team will be involved in delivering a revamped customer messaging experience that will eventually culminate in the realisation of an omni-channel customer engagement product.
Our team achieves a high degree of autonomy and velocity by combining designers, test engineers, product managers and software engineers collaborating together.
Software Engineers at Zendesk are expected to be hands-on technologists who could contribute to application development directly, contribute to the design and implementation of projects, and be involved in technical discussions beyond their teams. You should love finding simple solutions to complex problems, and care about not only the technical and algorithmic aspects of large systems, but the way they enable other developers to do their jobs. You should have previous experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, or component-oriented software engineering.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Contribute actively to the everyday development of the Zendesk Suite of products
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and familiar patterns and developing standard operating procedures
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant
- Providing written knowledge transfer material
How You Will Make a Difference
- You have a proven record in Software Engineering with strong capabilities in any of the major web-programming languages (Java, Python, Ruby or Go).
- You have a strong understanding of Web technologies and the interactions between the frontend client (e.g. web browsers) and the backend stack.
- You show a mature and pragmatic approach when choosing technologies.
- You have strong communication skills: you raise your voice when needed and listen to others.
- You put the customer first and respect your commitment to deliver.
- Personal projects, collaboration to open-source community or active learning initiatives would be a good sign of your passion to learn and solve problems.
Culture and Perks
We have 100s of engineers in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful Chat product. You can find us at Marina One West Tower. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk, we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up!
Perks include stock options, flexible working, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months parental leave. These are always subject to change and usually in the positive.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.