Zendesk is looking for a Staff Software Engineer who loves crafting reliable web solutions at scale. Join our journey to provide the best customer service software constantly. The ideal candidate will have deep technical knowledge and experience in delivering distributed systems that are scalable, reliable, and resilient. A technical leader is not just eager to learn and improve themself, but also mentors and sponsors your teammates.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and fellow software engineers to build and maintain Zendesk products
- Design and communicate technical solutions by considering their tradeoffs; keeping reliability and scalability at the forefront
- Participate in the entire development life-cycle, including conception, design, implementation, testing, rollout, and making sure everything runs smoothly
- Identify areas to improve the team effectiveness and recommend enhancements
- Set technical direction and technical roadmap of the team
- Mentor and guide junior team members to be on the following levels
- Sponsor junior team members to highlight their skills
What you bring to the role
- Have experience in delivering Enterprise-Grade software as part of a SaaS company.
- Can debug difficult problems across complex systems
- Solid listening skills to mentor and sponsor junior team members
- Driven by the customers needs
- Growth mindset to continually improve
- Our automation test is written in Python and Ruby and executed by Jenkins.
- Our development environment Docker-based
- We don’t require previous experience with this technology stack and will help track you what we know
Culture and Perks
We have 150+ staff in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful chat product. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. You will work with encouraging peers that truly care about our customers and deliver value for them. At Zendesk, we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathons!
Perks include stock, flexible working, $1500 training allowance, medical insurance coverage for you and your family, mobile phone allowance, home internet reimbursement, WFH equipment budget, and 4 months parental leave.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.