Zendesk is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join the Agent Experience Team based in Singapore. The team focuses on delivering the best experience for our largest customers. Zendesk’s enterprise customer base grows fast and you will be as proud as we are to serve the best companies in the world.
As a Staff Engineer at Zendesk you will take an active part in our effort to meet our customer's requirements, among them: better tools to set up and operate their service, automation, increased security, detailed reporting capabilities, performance and availability.
You would contribute application development directly, own the design and implementation of projects, and be involved in technical discussions beyond their own team. You should love finding simple solutions to sophisticated problems, and care about not only the technical and algorithmic aspects of large systems.
The Zendesk Singapore teams achieve a high degree of autonomy by combining test engineers, product managers and software engineers collaborating together.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Work closely with the Product Manager and provide technical insights and early estimates on upcoming projects.
- Take the lead on technical design discussions and propose creative solutions.
- Build POCs to test technologies and make informed decisions.
- Ensure scalability, performance, maintainability and security of the technology platform in collaboration with ops teams.
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle.
- Become a catalyst to better working practices across Zendesk.
- Mentor and guide junior team members by reviewing their code submissions, code pairing, and being a sounding board.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Have a career in Software Engineering with strong capabilities in Java, Python or Node.js. and practiced both frontend and backend technologies.
- Sophisticated level knowledge with Java, and working experience with one of the streaming data solutions like Kafka.
- Delivered Enterprise Grade software in a SAAS company.
- With proven understanding of architecture of highly concurrent and low latency systems and common tradeoffs with regard to performance, scalability and reliability.
- Take a mature and pragmatic approach when choosing technologies.
- Put the customer first and respect your dedication to deliver, and not afraid to raise voice when needed and listen to others.
- Personal projects, contribution to open-source community or active learning initiatives would be a good sign of your passion to learn and seek problems!
Culture and Perks
We have 100s of engineers in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful Chat product. You can find us at Marina One West Tower. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk, we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathons!
Perks include stock options, flexible working, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months parental leave. These are always subject to change and usually in the positive.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.