Why join the Engineering Productivity team at Zendesk?
We are owning the innovation at Zendesk by building dynamic cloud-based development and test environments a reality that will be used by 1000+ developers. It consists of 500+ Zendesk services and moving towards testing every code change in an isolated environment. We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer in Singapore. You will be working with a group of highly skilled engineers to develop, lead cloud-based development, and test environments for Zendesk Products. We build deployments that mimic our production environments for development, testing, and experimentation. Development teams throughout Zendesk globally rely on us to streamline the shipping of code to production.
Do you want to be a lead visionary in making things function better, faster, and more reliably? Are you a smart collaborator who has outstanding skills to deliver high-quality solutions? Then join us and work for a fun company where your participation in building a phenomenal product is really valued. This is an excellent opportunity to have a large impact on an entire engineering organization!
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Write prototype and production-grade code to build on-demand environments containing all the products and services in the Zendesk family.
- Developing a process and laying down standards for building hundreds if not thousands of Zendesk environments per day in a reliable fashion.
- Provide thought leadership, technical direction, and architectural input into product vision and roadmap development.
- Work closely with senior leadership to transform visions & roadmaps into reality.
- You will team up with our customers (other fellow developers) to understand their requirements when on-boarding new teams and products with different functional requirements.
- Develop cutting-edge tools to improve the efficiency of more than 1000+ developers in Zendesk.
- Build and Improve the next generation of continuous integration and continuous delivery system
- Find opportunities for improvement by challenging the status quo and suggesting alternative and creative solutions.
What You Bring To The Role
- Ability to transform visions & roadmaps into reality.
- You love problem-solving. Investigating issues and discovering the appropriate solution drives you.
- Expert understanding of Kubernetes, or orchestrating Docker containers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Expert knowledge in and strong hands-on experience with application configuration, infrastructure, automation, and operations.
- Tactics and strategies for engineering productivity internal products to highly technical users in a large multi-product SaaS organization.
- Experience with infrastructure management tools (Chef, Terraform).
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker).
- Ability to collaborate with remote teams.
Nice To Have
- Experience with Golang, Ruby, Scala.
- Experience with Kafka and any JVM language
- Experience with Spinnaker, Chef, Ansible, Consul, Terraform, Nginx.
Culture and Perks
We have 100s of engineers in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful Chat product. You can find us at Marina One West Tower. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk, we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathons!
Perks include stock options, flexible working, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months parental leave. These are always subject to change and usually in the positive
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.