We are looking for a Team Lead to join the Engineering Productivity team! Our team's vision is to provide a technical ecosystem along with appropriate standards and policies, such that all engineering teams at Zendesk can create, build, test, and release software with efficient speed, quality, reliability, scalability, insight, and security. You will be working with a group of highly skilled engineers to develop and improve our tooling to support productivity.
Zendesk engineers work on sophisticated systems and need the right tools and test infrastructure to deliver high quality code to production. Test Frameworks/Infrastructure and their usability play a meaningful role in the delivery pipeline. You will be involved in architecting, implementing and configuring test frameworks within a substantial infrastructure containing a large number of services to ensure that all developers can test easily, consistently and reliably. This is an excellent opportunity to have a large impact on an entire engineering organization!
As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for managing a small and growing team. You will utilize both your leadership and your technical expertise to guide and enable the team of productive engineers. Your will be managing the team’s health and meeting regularly 1 on 1 to mentor and coach your team members. You will empower and collaborate with the team to build and design systems and processes to support Zendesk’s engineers. You will help grow and lead the team while partnering with teams in Engineering Productivity to craft and execute the roadmap.
What you get to do every day:
- Recruit, onboard, support, mentor, coach, and retain talented engineers
- Participate in designing, developing, and evolving Productivity at Zendesk scale
- Define and own the team’s roadmap in partnership with other teams and Product Manager
- Work closely with senior leadership to transform vision & roadmap into reality
- Cultivate collaboration between engineering productivity teams and other engineering teams
- Be a hands on developer as needed
- Define processes that improve the delivery, risk management and cost management of the team
- Encourage innovation within the team and work on constantly improving the wellbeing and productivity of the team
- Aware of when things are “right” or “wrong” and are able to effectively communicate and influence requirements
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems and propose alternatives
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5+ years in software development
- Proven experience in people management
- Active listening skills and empathy towards your team members
- Build trust and provide continuous constructive feedback to the team
- Ability to bring the team together on common objectives
- Experience architecting, improving, and operating large scale distributed systems
- Experience with application development using modern web technologies, APIs, cloud based solutions (AWS GCP, etc), container orchestration (Kubernetes), Microservices architectures and Automation.
- The ability to lead, partner, and collaborate cross functionally across an engineering organization.
- Ability to collaborate with remote teams.
Culture and Perks
We have 100s of engineers in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful Chat product. You can find us at Marina One West Tower. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk, we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathons!
Perks include stock options, flexible working, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months parental leave. These are always subject to change and usually in the positive
At Zendesk, we believe that every great customer relationship stems from a conversation. So we built a customer service software company that designs solutions to foster better customer relationships. From large enterprises to startups, powerful, innovative customer experiences should be within reach for every company, no matter the size, industry or ambition. Zendesk serves more than 160,000 customers across a multitude of industries in over 30 languages. Zendesk is headquartered in San Francisco, and operates offices worldwide. Learn more at www.zendesk.com
We believe in service. Learn more
about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion
in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your specific accommodation request.