Zig strives to be a fast-moving, constantly innovating platform that constantly delights the customers. To achieve this vision, we are looking for an experienced and driven Mobile Engineer, that in coordinate with our product and design teams, will collaborate with UX designers to create a rich app experience & execute pixel-perfect designs. You would collaborate with backend engineers to ensure a fast & effective experience for our users. You would own release and quality assurance of the app, automated testing infrastructure & app analytics.
What will You Do
- Design and build sophisticated and highly scalable apps using iOS or Android.
- Able to convert code built on React native / Flutter into native applications, while maintaining the existing UI flows.
- Able to build custom packages in Flutter using the functionalities and APIs already available in native Android and IOS.
- Strong understanding of mobile UI UX patterns, and be able to translate the designs and Wireframes into a functioning mobile application on iOS or Android.
- Able to segregate cleanly to manage local datastore vs what can be obtained from API, this include local datastore size management.
- Use of Model-View-Controller (MVC) and Model-View-View-Model-Controller (MVVM) as it relates to designing, developing architecture and developing maintainable, testable and functional software that meets product requirements.
- Be on the cutting-edge, knowing what’s the latest in iOS or Android and advise the team (UIUX, Project managers) how to avoid or best take advantage of the latest features.
- Follow and improve on the bug resolution processes.
- Able to wrangle every last bit of resources on the mobile device to achieve our goals.
- Organised and create well-structured documentation on the living document system and the in the code.
- Understand and use CI/CD for parallel feature development, and test group management on Testflight or Fabric.
- Understand and manage the code and project on Git across master, hotfix, bugfix and features.
- Sharp communications for escalating issues or discussing new implementations with the rest of the team.
- Follow, implement and improve security guidelines for the app development.
- Good understanding of server side languages, PHP, Python or Java, and how they are setup will impact the performance of your mobile app.
- Maintain and improve software through product lifecycle including design, development, verification and bug fixes.
- Resolve all the bugs reported by the Quality Assurance Specialist in a timely manner.
- Able to create metrics to measure and improve on the mobile code base.
- Ensure that unit tests written are well versioned and part of the CICD process.
- Following company policies and quality procedures to ensure quality product deliverables.
What will You Bring to Zig
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in mobile app development on iOS and Android, able to build custom native packages using Flutter or react-native is a plus.
- Able to optimally utilize what is available on iOS or Android to create efficient and fast code. Note there is a heavy reliance on web APIs to achieve this.
- Firebase: Should have experience with Cloud Firestore, Push Notifications, Cloud Functions and Analytics.
- Git: To manage and collaborate in different projects with the rest of the team.
- Experience in working in an Agile / Scrum delivery environment, able to manage merges
Good To Have:
- PHP, Python or Java
- AWS knowledge