As a Zscaler Pre-Sales Systems Engineer, you and your Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for helping clients transform their network and application access by presenting the Zscaler cloud security solution to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
To accomplish this, the solution consultant must have a strong desire to set the vision translating business objectives into enticing and actionable recommendations. The solution consultant will act as a trusted advisor to our clients while aiding the customer's transformational journey.
The Zscaler sales team is comprised of smart and tenacious people who are passionate about our vision of a secure, cloud-enabled digital future. By using their talent to share that vision, Zscaler sales teams are bringing the power and agility of cloud transformation to organizations around the world. Be a part of it!
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
Within 30 days
- You will be expected to get hands-on knowledge and experience with the Zscaler cloud platform
- You will be expected to deliver a crisp Zscaler demo
- You will be expected to familiarise yourself with Zscaler’s products and messaging and understand how we do things
- You will connect with your peers throughout your region and the rest of the Zscaler organization to learn and share the experience
Within 60 Days
- You will be expected to have mastered Zscaler’s messaging and competently present our proposition to your team
- You will be educating customers on Zscaler’s technologies and competitive differentiators
- You will be Proactively distributing new product information to our Partners and peer members within your assigned territory or region
- You will be assisting Sales in the identification, qualification, design, and sizing of opportunities against Zscaler’s prospect criteria
- You will be assisting Sales in building and executing Account Plans
- You will be configuring Zscaler features to meet customers’ requirements during the sales process
Within 90 Days
- You will be providing technical thought leadership and advice to enterprise customers on how to transform their digital experience leveraging Zscaler architecture
- You will take total ownership of the technical sale and processes
- You will be independently identifying and qualifying technical opportunities
- You will be Developing and maintaining trusted advisor relationships with key customer stakeholders
- You will be Independently delivering sales pitches, technical and whiteboards presentations,
- You will be Utilising both internal and external resources to ensure successful deployments, that enables the customer to be self-sufficient following the sale
- You will have Built effective relationships with Partners, the Customer’s technology group and Zscaler staff (products, services, marketing, and support)
- You will be sharing best practices and developments in Zscaler methodologies both internally and at Partner and Customer events
What We Expect From You
- BSCS or equivalent with extensive experience as a SE or systems integrator
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web-related technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/IPsec, VPN’s, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products, including troubleshooting;
- You will have worked with Channel partners and you will have a solid understanding of a channel-centric go to market approach.
- Familiarity with SaaS-based technologies and their implication.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
- You must demonstrate different influencing styles as appropriate to a situation, whilst demonstrating a history of successfully building and maintaining trusting relationships with associates and customers
- You must demonstrate the effective transfer of thoughts and expresses ideas using speech and listening skills to influences others and gain support
- You will be persistent, despite obstacles, opposition or setbacks and you will consistently convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Zscaler’s products and strategies
- Likes to be the first to know something and to understand why and how things happen
- Develop and deliver innovative custom solutions, including solution concepts to key decision-makers to address their business issues and needs showing business value.
- Operate independently in the opportunity for more than 75% of the time
- Think beyond traditional measures of value ($) and incorporate risk, time, quality and other KPIs in the value proposition
- Support Marketing with evangelism activities
- Able to travel and work effectively throughout the assigned territory
In return, we will invest in you, and your customers. You will be supported by a world-class team made up of some of the most prominent names in security who turn our customers into advocates and give you the skills you need to build a highly successful career.
Additionally, We Will Make Every Effort
- To provide you with the best support, learning, and access to expertise in the marketplace.
- To invest in your personal and professional growth and reward you accordingly with competitive pay, benefits, and equity.
- And, provide you with an environment that is defined by collaboration
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.